1. Describe how the decision to implement SAP at Campbell Soup reflects an organisational perspective on information management. Discuss what you believe have been the critical success factors for Campbell Soup’s SAP deployment in terms of organisational design, leadership and culture.
2. What are the core benefits of IT outsourcing? Discuss how Campbell Soup managed its IT outsourcing project and the relationships with the vendors and explain why.
Description: An intelligence/business report. Your standpoint is that you are a researcher hired by an organization to provide a detailed analysis of a particular UK company and its competitive position in the industry it operates in or, in the case of a diverse company, one of its key markets. You will choose a company to work on from the list provided. No more than10 students may choose the same company. The final report should include a synthesis and integration of your research, and also conclusions and recommendations.
You will choose to research a UK company from an approved list, available on MOLE supplied by the module coordinator. You will select the appropriate analytical technique(s) to examine and analyze the company’s situation. Resources from online databases, the web, expert opinions, and any other appropriate print or online resources may be used. You will have to review and evaluate the materials you find, extract what you think are important trends, and analyse and synthesize information to construct a final report.
. Thomas, R., & Linstead, A. (2002). Losing the plot? Middle managers and identity. Organization, 9(1): 71-93.
2. Fanelli, A. & Grasselli, N.I. (2005). Defeating the Minotaur: The construction of CEO charisma on the US stock market. Organization Studies, 27(6): 811–832.
3. Wang, L., Malhotra, D., & Murnighan, J.K. (2011). Economics education and greed. Academy of Management Learning & Education, 10(4): 643-60.
4. Ralston, D.A., Egri, C.P., Stewart, S., Terpstra, R.H., & Kaicheng, Yu. (1999). Doing business in the 21st century with the new generation of Chinese managers: A study of generational shifts in work values in China. Journal of International Business Studies, 30(2): 415-428.
Specifically, in this assignment you will have to provide a critical appraisal of:
a. the research questions or hypotheses and their theoretical and practical relevance, i.e., a rationale for why the research was important;
b. the epistemological and ontological assumptions which underpinned the research, and their consistency with research questions or hypotheses;
c. the research design and it’s strengths and limitations for answering the research questions or hypotheses;
d. the sampling strategy that was used to select the sources of data and an appraisal of the rationale for why particular sources/respondents were selected;
e. the research methods that were used to generate the data and their strengths and weaknesses for addressing the research questions or hypotheses;
f. the analytical strategy or strategies that were used to analyze the data together with an appraisal of their strengths and weaknesses; and
g. the contribution of research to existing knowledge of the topic and to policy and practice.
The key economic influence of the Japanese Colonial Administration in Taiwan was its transformation of the island’s agriculture from a traditional to a modern sector.” Discuss.