- The production area of the XYZ Machine Company is a process type layout.The present layout for the six processing areas is as follows
For safety reasons it is undesirable to place areas A and F adjacent to each other. A study of XYZ Machine Company indicates that four major products account for 85 % of the total manufacturing activity in the above production area last year. The production sequence and the number of units produced per year are given in the following table. The number of units carried per trip is also provided.
|Product||Production Sequence||Number of Units produced per week||Number of units per trip|
Using SLP procedures develop the layouts.
- Develop a From-to chart
- Develop the activity relationship chart.
- Develop the spatial relationship diagram
- Use the number of crossings to determine the best spatial relationship diagram
- Develop alternative layouts of the processing areas (at least 2)
- Discuss the present layout versus the proposed layout in terms of MH cost – using both rectilinear and Euclidean measures.
- If areas for A, B, and C are twice as large as those for D, E, and F, discuss how the layout will change in terms of the relative positions of the departments and shape of the overall layout.Develop the new layout
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]