Discuss the role of the president in the judicial process
and this is the outline that you need to follow to answer the question.
PSCI 3309 Assign 8 Lecture Outline – The President and National Security Policy
1. Post World War II role of the president in foreign and military affairs leadership: 1. World War II transformed the US into a major world power. 2. World power status meant the growth and ongoing role of president in foreign and military policy. 3. Constitutional position as commander-in-chief and chief diplomat has given president the primary role in both the initiation and execution of foreign and military policy. 4. Presidential role in foreign and military policy enhanced by staffing resources. 5. However, the president does not have unlimited power in foreign and military policy – the president must deal with Congress on a number of levels.
2. Presidential functions in foreign and military policy: (A) Primary function: 1. Formulate basic policy. 2. Set goals. 3. Develop the resources to meet policies and goals. (B) Responsibility for day-to-day conduct of foreign affairs. (C) Effective delegation of responsibility for day-to-day conduct to staff and various agencies. (D) Diplomatic appointments. (E) Communications with foreign leaders. (F) C Exercise of constitution role as Commander-In-Chief.
3. Presidential-Congressional relations in foreign and military policy: Power of Congress: Legislation, appropriations, investigation, treaty-making, 1973 War Powers Act.
4. What can the president do to win congressional support? : Keep Congress informed, seek congressional opinion and advice, bipartisanship, and seek congressional policy endorsements. Overview.
5. Making foreign and military policy: viewed as a series of concentric circles: (1) innermost – president and key advisors. (2) Second – advisors from departments involved with the issue – under and assistant secretaries. (3) Public – interest groups, Congress, media, concerned and interested public.
6. Foreign and Military policy making through incremental steps: (1) Tendency to move slowly and decided as little as possible. (2) Task of considering wide range of policy options and consequences. (3) Policy needs to develop through consensus.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.