The third research method to explore is a combination of both qualitative and quantitative research methods. However, combining two different things is more complicated than throwing everything into the same bowl and hoping to get a cake—there is a procedure to selecting the right ingredients and their amounts. The same is true of mixed methods strategies, and the newness of this research design makes it both exciting and challenging. In this Discussion, you will examine some of those challenges, calling upon your growing understanding of both quantitative and qualitative strategies.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review Chapter 10 in the course text, Research Design and the “Mixed Methods: Examples” media segment. Based on this information, how would you respond to someone who asks you, “To what extent is mixed methods research simply taking half a quantitative plan and half of a qualitative plan and putting them together?”
- Review the article “On Becoming a Pragmatic Researcher: The Importance of Combining Quantitative and Qualitative Research Methodologies” in the Learning Resources.
- Explore what you believe is or are the biggest challenges for a researcher who wants to use a mixed methods strategy of inquiry.
- Determine which kinds of research questions would be served by a mixed methods strategy of inquiry and explain why.
- Indicate why you believe that more researchers are using a mixed methods strategy of inquiry.
- Describe the extent to which a mixed methods strategy of inquiry is used in your discipline
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.