Television provides us with many interesting examples of interpersonal and neurotic behaviors. In this assignment, you will delve into the life and actions of some of your favorite television characters and analyze them using Horney’s coping strategies.
Interestingly, Horney’s three coping strategies for one’s neurotic needs correlate very well with three of Adler’s different personality types:
- Horney’s moving-toward strategy—Adler’s getting or leaning type
- Horney’s moving against—Adler’s ruling or dominant type
- Horney’s moving away from—Adler’s avoiding type
Using Horney’s theory of coping with neurotic needs with three different interpersonal orientations, select a TV program of your choice containing a character that Horney would identify as exhibiting neurotic behaviors. As you watch a full episode of this show, focus on this character and tally each instance of moving-toward, moving-against, and moving-away behavior.
Research Horney’s theory using your textbook, the Internet, and the Argosy University online library resources. Based on your research, respond to the following:
- Discuss this character’s neurotic needs and trends.
- What do you think has happened in his/her life that has led to these behaviors?
- In addition to general life events, how has gender and culture influenced the character’s neurotic needs and behaviors?
- How do these interpersonal orientations impact the way this character interacts with others and develops relationships?
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.