Qs = -7909.89 + 79.1P
Qd = 38650 – 42P
P = 384.48 cents and Q = 22,502 units
You should also use the following rules for profit maximization:
P = MR = MC in perfect competition
MR = MC in imperfect competition
Outline a plan that will assess the effectiveness of the market structure for the company’s operations. Note: In Assignment 1, the assumption was that the market structure [or selling environment] was perfectly competitive and that the equilibrium price was to be determined by setting Qd equal to Qs. The market structure in the first assignment was competitive. This means that the firm does not have control over the price and it has to charge the equilibrium price. You are now aware of recent changes in the selling environment that suggest an imperfectly competitive market where your firm now has substantial market power in setting its own “optimal” price.
- Since the company has control over the price, it has to decide how much to charge and how much to produce to maximize profit.
- The profit-maximizing/loss-minimizing quantity and price can be determined by setting the MR = MC. This involves the following.
- Find the total revenue: TR = P x Q
- Find the marginal revenue by calculating the derivative of the total revenue function.
- Set MR equal to the provided MC function and solve for Q, and then for P.
- Based on the results, the company should make a decision to continue producing or shut down
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.