Research a manufacturing organization of your choice, and describe its strategic manufacturing policy. (Note: You may choose a private sector or public sector organization; however, more information will be available for a private sector, publicly traded company). Your description should consider long-term issues (1–5 years), and include a discussion of the following topics:
- Markets and customers
- Suppliers/vendors/supply chain partners
- Facilities (plants, distribution centers, etc.)
Describe the following characteristics to be included in the strategic planning process:
- Alignment of manufacturing strategy with corporate/business-level strategy
- Product/process alternatives (make-to stock, make-to order, etc.)
- Inventory policies (service levels, order quantity/frequency, etc.)
- Capacity planning alternatives (chase, level, etc.)
- Long-range forecasting techniques (quantitative and qualitative)
- Make or buy decisions (outsourcing, etc.)
- Interfaces/coordination with other business functions (marketing, etc.)
- Initiatives to improve operations (continuous improvement, lean/agile, TOC, etc.)
- Metrics to measure manufacturing performance
- Other metrics
Finally, what manufacturing strategy improvements would you suggest for this organization?
Prepare a research paper of 8–10 pages (excluding title page, abstract, references page, and appendices) in APA format presenting the items listed above. A minimum of five (5) peer-reviewed academic or professional references must be used in the pape
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.