In cases where children are not returned to their biological families, the courts have to find safe, permanent homes for them, including adoptive homes. It is especially difficult in cases where the children have special needs, such as mental retardation or cerebral palsy. In 1997, The U.S. Congress enacted legislation that sought to correct the problems inherent with the foster care system and achieving permanency for special needs children.
Write 2-3 pages detailing the provisions of The Adoption and Safe Families Act of 1997(AFSA).
- Be sure to include the following in your essay:
- What was the purpose the AFSA?
- What are some of the programs that the AFSA funds?
- Who was the major proponent of the AFSA and why?
- What are some of the changes that the AFSA has effectuated when it comes to foster care and adoption?
- What provisions does the AFSA have for children with special needs?
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.