Write an analytical essay about This is water by David Foster Wallace and Seeing by Annie Dillard. This is not a research paper. You need to find out the common theme and what are some similar connection between these two texts. The essay at least 4 pages, you need to use at least 4 quotes from each text, interpret and explain it, you can use your person experience to connect with it. Also you need to have thesis statement, topic sentences. There are some keywords may guide you and you need to focus on few of them and you need to use it in the essay: default setting, mind-set, consciousness, compassion, mindfulness, intentionality, attentiveness, worldview. And below there are some questions can help you to do the essay:
1. What does it mean experience to world.
2. What are the shortcomings and potential dangers of going through life without examining your assumptions and beliefs?
3. Do you agree with Wallace’s assertion that “There is no experience you’ve had that you were not at the absolute center of?” How might this idea apply to you and the people you know?
4. According to wallace, what is the most dangerous thing about a college education? Do you agree with him?
5. Wallace affirms that it is the way we look at things that determine how we react to them and that we have the power to make choices about the way we see things. Do you agree with him? Do you think you have the ability to choose the way you look at things and, as such, can alter the way you react to them?
6. According to Wallace, what is dangerous is not so much what we worship but the fact that we worship without awareness. How could believing in something without reflecting on what you are believing in be dangerous?Cite examples from history.
7. Wallace says that the freedom to “truly care about other people” is more important than the freedom to be the “ center of all creation.” Why might this be true? Do you agree with the idea?
8. In Wallace’s closing thoughts he refers back to the fish story at the outset of his address when he affirms that capital – true is about simple awareness and that we need “to keep reminding ourselves, over and over: “This is water, this is water.” What is the metaphorical significance of the water in relation to the idea of staying conscious day in and day out?
9. How do people in position of power and influence benefit from people operating on what Wallace refers to as their “default settings.” Give example from history.
10. How does what we focus on affect the way we see the world?
11. What, according to Dillard, is the relationship between seeing and verbalization? Do we need to describe something to be aware of it?
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.